We're Back! And We're Planting Mums

I guess we learned a lesson in photo management on iPhone last week. Evidently, it is imperative that one not only manage the number of photos actually stored on the phone but also manage the photos stored in the cloud. I must admit I still do not fully understand it all, but obviously we should not just take for granted that there is an unlimited amount of space for photos and videos on these devices. I think I will make it a monthly task to backup and delete photos from my phone. Flash drives. I'm going to need flash drives.

So we are happy to be back with you today. Let's get started.


It's mum season. I love when the garden centers put out fall mums. So I could not resist this weekend when I saw these beautiful pale yellow mums at Lowe's garden center.


I purchased some more Creeping Jenny as well. My purpose was two-fold. It can be used to add texture and color to the pots with mums. Then, when the mums are done blooming, I can plant them in the yard and the Creeping Jenny can be planted with the other that I planted just a few weeks ago.


I found these really cute plastic pots at CVS which were the perfect size for the mums. These were intended to be used as candy collectors on Halloween, but we put them to use in the garden. A great buy at $3.99 each.


The plastic pots from CVS came with a small hole in the bottom which will work for drainage. In this instance, we did not add pea gravel as a base because the mums are not being planted here permanently. We know they will bloom for a short time, the blooms will fade and we will be left with only the leafy green stems. At that point they will be removed from the pots and planted in the ground so we can enjoy them next year. We will remove the Creeping Jenny at the same time as we remove the mums and plant it in the front yard with the other which was recently planted.



These turned out very nicely. I removed the mums from their plastic pots and placed them inside the little plastic cauldrons. Then I added the Creeping Jenny around the outside. I used three Creeping Jenny's per pot.


I thought this was such a nice look. It is temporary, but we will enjoy it for as long as possible. The good thing is that we can enjoy these and when they are done, the plants can be re-purposed elsewhere in the landscape where we will enjoy them for years to come. The little plastic cauldrons will be cleaned and put away for use again next year.  What a great idea.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig