Wax Warmers Work Wonders!

I wanted to add a little holiday cheer and holiday scent to the house while I was wrapping gifts and listening to Christmas tunes last week.  So I picked up one of these wax warmers.  I've seen these in several of the big box stores over the years but never tried one.  I was quite impressed.


First, I should say that there were a ton of choices from which to select.  Of course they were all holiday themed.  I chose this warmer in stainless steel and glass over the Santa or Christmas tree or some of the other really "Christmasy" designs.  "Merry & Bright" worked for me.  A very upbeat and positive message.


It really is the simplest of design and quite effective at scenting the air in your home.  I think it would be nice to have one of these in the bedroom where the coats are kept while guests are visiting.  How pleasant to walk in to pick up your winter coat and be met with a delightful scent in the air.  Of course one in each powder room.  Much safer than burning candles unattended.


The top lifts off to expose a portal for the scented wax cube.  Just drop in the cube of your choosing and replace the lid.  Press the button on the front of the unit to turn on the light bulb and wait for the scent to start. These units take one of the small 7w night light bulbs.  The bulb generates enough heat to melt the wax cube and release the scent into the air.


I picked up two scents.  Winter Mittens and Vanilla.  Winter Mittens is rather sweetly scented, which I think will be perfect to use in the winter months.  Vanilla, as we all know, is a classic scent that is wonderful to use year round.


One final note about this particular warmer and that is the illuminated designs it projects onto the wall.  I was particularly pleased with that look.  The pine tree branch designs are cut out on the sides and they display the light very nicely.

Now that the store are all packing up Christmas, I would like to find some of these warmers that are generic and can be used throughout the year.  What a great way to scent the home for parties and then set out non-scented candles to set the mood.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig