Scrub a Dub Dub

Today we are talking about scrub a dub dubbing in the kitchen. Specifically on heavily soiled bakeware or pots and pans.  Read on.


This was one of my most favorite Christmas gifts and it came from my sister.  I guess she really knows her brother.  It is called "Bubble Up" and it is the most unique soap dispenser and brush set you have ever seen.  Where she found this I do not know.  I do not usually ask such questions when I receive a gift.


When you open the box, this is what you have.  A brush that looks very much like a brush a man would use to lather his face for a shave.  But in reality it is a scrubbing brush and soap dispenser.  I love everything about this.  The concept.  The packaging.  The design.  It is flawless.  And, it actually works.




So here we have the brush separated from the base.  The grey insert is spring-loaded.


Remove the spring-loaded disc and put in just a small amount of water.  No more than about a quarter of of inch of water and a few drops of dish washing detergent.


Then, place the disc back inside the little porcelain tub and, using the scrub brush, continually press down on the disc.  This will eventually work up a lather.


From above.  You see that the scrub brush is wet and filled with lots of soap to help remove stubborn stuck on food.


While you are working on cleaning your pots and pans, you can rest the scrub brush on top of the disc so that any water and soap will drain right back in the tub for future use.  Not only is this a very effective cleaner, but it looks nice sitting on the countertop.  What an ingenious idea and the perfect gift for me.  Thank you darling sister.


A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig