The Gifts are Wrapped and Ready to Go

Shopping for the holiday season, 2016, is now a thing of the past for me.  A great majority of it was done online, which is how it has been for the past several years.  Contending with malls and/or town centers and traffic and weather and exhausted clerks is all a thing of the past.  At least for me.  I rather enjoy our new streamline way of commerce.  So last night I finished preparing everything.


I went with gold and sparkly this year.  Gold and black and silver actually.  It is a classic look that can never go wrong.


I threw in a few stripes and dots and before I knew it, things were looking good.  It is always a good feeling when you stand back and look at your Christmas presentation and you are satisfied that what you had in your mind you were actually able to create.


I would suggest that this tissue paper collection was the first inspiration I had for the colors I would use for this Christmas.  You can find the Allen + Roth brands at your local Lowe's Home Improvement retailer.


Later on, a stop at the Paper Source retail store in Georgetown to pick up this set of three silver gift bags.  I love the Paper Source and obviously many others in the area do also.  It has been especially busy in there all of this week.  And why not.  They have all things paper and some of the most unusual gift items.


I did make a stop at an actual "store" to pick up gifts for Baxter and Cindy.  I found these two characters which I thought they would love.  Cindy is my sister's dog.  She and her husband and children rescued Cindy from the Eastern Short of Maryland last year.  She is lab of some description. The vulture with the orange beak is for her.  Baxter gets the floppy dog with the leopard spots.


Mr. Vulture fit nicely in one of the silver gift bags, his head hanging over the side so he can see what is going on.  A little striped tissue paper on top to finish this off.


Oh, and Cindy is also getting a bag of chews to promote good oral hygiene.  Teeth are teeth.  They must be taken care of or there are problems.


Here is Cindy's bag before the tissue paper was added.  Now to the story about her name.  As I understand it, she was part of a litter of six pups.  Three girls.  Three boys.  So they decided to name each puppy using the Brady kids names.  Cindy, of course, being the youngest of the three girls.  I thought that was very clever.


Here is Baxter's bag.  He has his Santa Snacks from Cindy in Indiana.  He has a candy cane filled with Greenies.


And finally, his new buddy with the leopard print.


Here is his bag after the addition of tissue paper.  He looks forward to Christmas as much as anybody. I told him last night there was a bag waiting for him with goodies in it on Christmas day. That precipitated a lot of prancing and dancing and rolling over and such.

With the final preparation of the two bags for Cindy and Baxter, I was done.  Another year under my belt. And I think it looks quite nice.  I hope you are ready for Christmas or at least in a place where you are not stressing too much.  If you start to get too stressed, just stop and breathe and remind yourself of the real reason for the holiday.  Then get those cookies in the oven!!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig