A New Can Opener Can Be a Thing of Beauty

And such was the case with a recent purchase.  You may not think a can opener is worthy of a post,   but in this case, I think it is.  Especially such a beautiful can opener as this.  So, today was are talking about my new hand-crank can opener.  Read on.


I am just returning to Crest Avenue after some time away and I am learning where everything is all over again.  In some instances, things are not where they were because I likely packed them away or took them with me.  I found myself roaming the kitchen and pantry closet on a recent evening looking for a can opener, which I never did find.  So the following day I stopped in at HomeGoods and, as usual, I found exactly what I was looking for.


As a matter of fact, I found can openers that were a good deal more pleasing to the eye than any I had ever seen heretofore.  This one from Sharper Image fell into the aesthetically pleasing category.


This description says it all.  Any can opener that is described as having "smooth velvet handles" will surely find its way into my kitchen.


Mandarin oranges are what brought on this need for can opening.  I picked up two cans on a recent weekend errand run and I wanted to add a few to a garden salad I picked up for dinner one night.  No can opener.  No mandarin oranges in your salad.


This can opener is the older-style opener where the blade actually cuts the lid from the can.  But that is OK with me.   I have no preference of this style over the newer versions which "lift" the lid from the can.  They both work perfectly well.  I suppose the newer version that lifts the lid is handy if you are one who likes to remove some of the content of the can and then place the lid back on top and place the can inside the refrigerator.


I do not do that.  No matter what variety can opener I use, I always transfer the content of the can to a container and place that into the refrigerator, as above.


I bought two sets of these storage containers with the light sea foam colored lids.  They look very beautiful inside the refrigerator.  You will have a very neat and orderly refrigerator using these containers or a similar kind.


When done, this can opener stores very nicely in a drawer ready to open the next can of, ... .  If you cannot find your can opener, or you are just feeling it is time for an upgrade, stop by HomeGoods and see if you can find the perfect can opener for your kitchen.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig