Cupcake Pedestal Plates

On a recent lunch trip to M Street in Georgetown, I stopped by my fave store, HomeGoods, for a little shopping.  Afterward I stopped by Dean & Deluca for a quick lunch of sushi masaga and a cold bottle of Voss water.


Sushi masaga is basically California Roll with caviar.  It is my absolute favorite sushi.  Here, at my table on the patio at Dean & Deluca, with a little wasabi on each roll.  Lunch divine.


For those who like Voss Artesian water, I have news for you.  It now comes sparkling!  This is the first time I have seen sparkling Voss water.  I was quite happy to see they are now offering both still and sparkly versions.


The lunch was delicious, but the real topic of today's post is these cupcake pedestal plates.  This was my find of the day at HomeGood's.  What a great thing to add to your other party items which are all stored together.


I am certain there will come a time when I will be serving something which will look perfect sitting atop one of these little pedestal plates.  It doesn't have to be a cupcake.  It could be anything.  I could be a small double layer cake made using one of the small Wilton cake pans.  It could be tiny cheesecakes.  I could use my stacking rings to make a savory stack and serve it on these plates.  You are only limited by your imagination.


They come four to a pack.  Since I am entertaining groups of eight and under these days, two packs work perfectly.  However, a third pack may be nice to have around in case one or two get broken.  I think I will pick up a third pack as added protection.


American Atelier at Home, a division of Replacements, Ltd.  I am on the Replacements, Ltd. email list.  I get email from them frequently asking if I am need of replacing a broken piece of china. Actually, I need to place an order with them to replace a broken dinner plate in my Lenox Eternal collection.


This is the Lenox Eternal pattern.  Very beautiful.  Simple.  Classic design.  You can never go wrong with a table set with Lenox Eternal.

So, if you have plans for a spring or summer gathering on your patio, and you are looking for an interesting way to serve your guests, pick up a set or two of these little pedestal plates and let your imagination roam.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig