More Garden Talk

Look at these cute stone bunnies.  Not "stoned" bunnies, but cast "stone" bunnies.  I found these recently and couldn't resist.  Look at the face on the one on the left.  That's precious.


I'm not certain where these will go.  I will probably experiment with several different places before I find the perfect spot.  They are quite small, measuring 4" in length and about 3" across.  So they will fit nicely in a planted pot or even as an accent around the base of a pot.  We'll just have to figure that out as we continue our spring planting.


On to a more utilitarian topic.  Again this year I am replacing the sprayer nozzles, both for the front yard and the back.  I decided to upgrade to these Professional Stainless Steel nozzles.  They were a little more expensive, but you have to ask yourself what is more expensive?  Replacing cheap nozzles every couple years or buying a high quality nozzle for a bit more money initially and getting several years use from it.  These both have the standard settings - spray, jet, fan, etc.  But they also have some additional settings which you do not see on the cheaper models, such as shrub, clean, softwash.  I don't know if these extra settings will get that much use, but it is nice to have them.  The other feature I really like is the on/off trigger.  When you press it, the water stays on until you press it again to turn it off.  So you are not constantly holding the handle down to allow the water to pass through the hose. A very nice design.  You can also control the water flow by turning a knob located on the back of these nozzles.

Sometimes, a simple upgrade of something as simple as replacing the outdoor water nozzles can make your life infinitely easier.  When possible, we always strive to offer you advice to make your life easier.  We highly recommend these Gilmour water nozzles for use in your garden.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig