This is How to Pack a Salad for Lunch at the Office

I like to bring a salad for lunch some days of the week.  One problem with making a salad at home and eating it later is that it sometimes ends up a bit soggy.  All the ingredients thrown together in one container and then left to sit for several hours, even in the refrigerator, just did not work for me.  So, I tried something a little different.


Lettuce being the first and main ingredient in most salads, I moved on to the other items I wanted to add.  I like to keep it basic.  So, as you see above, we have tomato wedges and sliced green olives stuffed with pimiento, two hard boiled eggs, halved, and Bumble Bee Fancy Albacore tuna (this is the very best canned tuna).  These are the perfect ingredients for a healthy, filling lunch salad.

These small, glass containers are from Rubbermaid and are perfect for holding each of your salad ingredients separate until time to combine everything just before enjoying your lunch.


I placed the plastic lids on the glass containers and set them inside a large, plastic, rectangular bin.  I then placed a suitable amount of butter bibb lettuce and some finely shredded iceberg lettuce on the other side of the container.


This went into the refrigerator early in the morning where it would wait until time for lunch.

That is not a chip in the bowl but a reflection of the light above.
I picked up this beautiful glazed serving bowl from Home Goods some time ago.  I keep it nearby in my office for days when I am having salad.


First in, the butter bibb and shredded iceberg lettuce.


Then, each of the additional salad ingredients.  I do not spend time mixing it all together.  That just bruises the butter bibb which I would prefer not to do.


I dressed the salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette and set about enjoying a most delectable salad for my midday meal.


FYI - I LOVE this Balsamic Vinaigrette from Kraft.  Simply delicious.

So, if you enjoy a salad during lunch but you have had trouble making them at home and then finding a soggy salad waiting for you at lunch time, give this method a try.  I'm sure you will be most happy with how this works.




No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig