Glass Packing Kits

On a recent stop at Lowe's I picked up a couple of these glass packing kits for the upcoming move.


As you can see from the picture on the box, it includes cardboard dividers that fit inside your moving box and individual foam pockets in which you place each of your glasses.  A great idea and it will work, ... for most glasses, but not all.


I had this box of beautiful pink irridescent champagne glasses that I wanted to pack and I thought this glass kit would work nicely for this purpose.  I was very much mistaken.


You see in this picture that the bowls of these glasses are quite broad.  The cardboard inserts in the glass kit allow for twelve glasses to be inserted into one of the small moving boxes from Lowe's.  Well, that was not to be the case with these glasses.  As a matter of fact the cardboard inserts did not work at all for these glasses.  The width of the openings was so narrow that the bowls of these glasses would not sit far enough down so that you could close the top.  I tried removing some of the dividers to open up the space and that did not work either.


So I  discovered that I could fit six glasses in a box.  So I wrapped them with bubble wrap and placed them inside the box, sealed the box and marked it FRAGILE and I was done with this chore.  On to the next project.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig