Refrigerator Bin Liners

I'm always looking for ways to keep the refrigerator organized and fresh.  I simply cannot tolerate a dirty or unorganized refrigerator.  It drives me to distraction.  So when I found these refrigerator bin liners, I knew I would adding them to my refrigerator.


One of the features of these liners is their ability to absorb excess moisture.  That is very important in the refrigerator because too much moisture can cause mold or odors to develop or food to decay rapidly.  Nobody wants that.


The first thing I did was remove both crisper drawers and clean them thoroughly with hot soapy water.  You do not want to insert your liners inside a dirty crisper drawer.


The liners come three to a pack which was odd to me since refrigerators usually have two crisper drawers.  Maybe they give you an extra in case one of them gets stained.  I cannot explain this but I'll take the extra one and save it for later.


Of course they come folded and with these horrible creases.


I pressed them with a hot steam iron just enough to remove the crease marks.  To get a really good look, you need to remove the creases with an iron or steamer.


I used a metal tape measure to take the dimensions of the inside of the crisper drawer.  I wrote down those measurements and then, using an aluminum yard stick, marked the back of each liner so I would know where to cut.


Here is our final liner cut to size atop the ironing board.  I went over the back side of this once more with the steam iron just to make sure the liner was perfectly smooth.


Then, into the first crisper drawer with the first liner.  Actually these are reversible, so you can have design side up or white side up.  I rather like this design, so I went with design side up.


I did a pretty good job of measuring and cutting these liners.  I have a nice smooth cut along this end that runs parallel with the top and back of the crisper drawer.


Isn't this a nice look.  Here is our first lined drawer with a bag of Hearts of Romaine for a Strawberry Salad, which I will share with you in the near future.


And a bag of Baby Spinach in the other drawer to be used in smoothies.

These liners can be removed and wiped down with a sponge with warm soapy water or even thrown in the washing machine.  I think you will like these added to your crisper drawers.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig