A New Safety Cutter for my Office

I found the most wonderful retractable utility cutter with a ceramic blade.


I was intrigued by the fact that this cutter had a ceramic blade.  I had several kitchen knives with ceramic blades that lasted for many years, so I wanted to give this a try.


This little apparatus with a stainless steel blade has been my go to for opening packages.  I will not get rid of this right away and I may never dispose of it.  There will be times when I need a flat blade for this or that, so this will still serve a purpose.


Here is the ceramic blade on our new cutter.  This will be perfect for opening boxes.  We receive a lot of boxes on a weekly basis and this will prove to be a safer way of opening those boxes.  The blade automatically retracts after every use so no worries about someone getting cut on a blade that is just lying around the office.


This will  tore very neatly in this box which holds my letter opener and a 1" paint brush which I use to clean my keyboard.


It also works nicely to open a pack of 3" x 5" index cards, which are essential to my life.  If I did not have ruled index cards I do not know how I would keep all my tasks organized.  I know it is hopelessly old-school and that everyone uses their smartphone to keep track of their to-do lists these days, but I cannot.  I must have index cards at my disposal at all times.

This is a wonderful little device and I am sharing it with you because I think you will find it a good thing to have around.  I'm thinking of getting one or two more.  You can find these at CVS Pharmacy in the office supply aisle for $6.99.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig