Household Cleaning

I was recently on an errand run and came across a couple items I would like to share with you.  These are things you will use to keep your home clean.  Everyone wants a clean home.  So why not have the tools you need in your arsenal to make it easy to keep everything clean and shining and beautiful. Read on.


I found this delightful set of multi-surface cleaning cloths in the home/laundry section of my local Shopper's Food Warehouse.  I have a set of white, terrycloth wipes that I use to dust the furniture.  I have had them for many years. I run them through the washing machine cycle after each use, fold them and put them away with the furniture polish until time for the next use.  I will not get rid of those but will supplement them with the addition of these cloths for specific uses.


Inside the box I found quite an array of cleaning cloths.  One each as follows: stainless steel, dusting & polishing, kitchen & bathroom, and glass & window.  These are sized nicely.  Not too big.  Not too small.  I think they will work perfectly on cleaning day at Crest Avenue.


Here, perfectly folded and in this Closetmaid wire shelving basket on the back of the door of the linen closet.  Right at hand and ready for cleaning day.  I think I will go back and get another set of these. Having two sets should help keep everything sparkling.


We were running low on furniture polish, so I picked up a can of Behold.  This brand of furniture polish has been around for many years.  For everyday cleaning and polishing of wood furniture, I find it does an outstanding job.  From time to time, I apply a high quality furniture wax/polish to my hardwood furniture for a deep clean.  The SC Johnson Paste Wax does an excellent job.  But I am not going to do that on a weekly basis.  So in between deep cleaning, we use Behold Lemon scent.  The whole house smells wonderful after cleaning with Behold.  I spray it on my furniture polishing cloth and then clean the furniture rather than spraying it directly on the hardwood.


Last, but certainly not of any less importance then the previous items discussed, this Deep Clean Brush Set from Oxo.  How many of us, me included, have a toothbrush sitting somewhere among the cleaning products that we use to clean tight spaces?  I think we all do.  This wonderful little brush set is perfect for intricate cleaning, so we can now through out the old toothbrushes.  I especially like the little rubber blade on the end of the smaller brush handle for cleaning specific areas such as around sink drains.  A great idea from Oxo, which is known for their forward-thinking designs.

So, a few items for you to consider adding to your cleaning caddy so you can have the cleanest home on your street.  And when someone asks where you found out about these things, why you will say "At Home with John Newman, of course."

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig