An "Oops" in the Produce Department

When I do my weekly grocery shopping, I look for fresh fruit to add to meals or for snacks.  I find that many fruits will satisfy a sweet tooth.  At least for me that is true.  I am not a big fan of sweets. I'm a "salty" kind of guy.  But fruit is good for the body and I enjoy having it with lunch or if I'm hungry between meals.  On a recent trip to the grocery, I picked up a bag of red "seedless" grapes.  Or at least that is what I thought I picked up.


No.  I picked up red "seeded" grapes.  Funny what our eyes see.  I know I saw "seedless" on this bag. Otherwise I would not have bought them because I was looking specifically for seedless grapes on this trip.  So, when I got home and popped on in my mouth you can imagine my dismay when I found they had seeds.  Not wanting to go back to the market and deal with returning them and buying a seedless variety, I decided to fix the problem on my own.


I seeded them.  It's a little time consuming, but it is not an impossible task.  The Hallmark Channel was having a Columbo marathon (I love Peter Falk as Columbo).  So I put that on the tv in the kitchen and sat down with a sharp, serrated knife and set about removing the seeds.  It's really simple. Just cut down the center of the grape dividing it in half and use the point of the knife to remove the seeds.  There are generally two - three seeds in each grape, depending on the size.  Cutting them in half and removing the seeds does not change the flavor at all.  They are just as delicious as when whole.  Then you can enjoy your red grapes with lunch or as an afternoon snack.

So, if you pick up "seeded" grapes instead of "seedless" grapes, do not fret.  Put on your favorite show and set about removing the seeds.  Having a glass or two of wine while seeding your grapes might help the time go by faster.  I have found that to be true!!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig