Nu Shooz. No. New Shoes!!

Who remembers the group Nu Shooz from the eighties?  Loved, ... LOVED them!!  Remember, "I Can't Wait"?  Or "Point of No Return"?  Enjoy these classics below.

"I Can't Wait"

"Point of No Return"

Ahhh.  That brings back fond memories.  Anyway, we are talking about new shoes today, not Nu Shooz.  Although I guess we are doing a little of both.

Last week I shared my new wallet purchase with you.  This week it's new shoes from HauteLook (a Nordstrom company).  Occasionally, I receive an email from HauteLook letting me know they are having a "Flash" sale.  I received just such an email last week and I bought four new pairs of shoes. Take a look.

Joseph Abboud driving shoes, Adolfo Venetian loafer, Sanuk high-rise mid-sneakers and Reef Phantom Prints Flip Flops.
HauteLook (as defined by Wikipedia):

HauteLook is a member-only shopping website offering flash-sales and limited-time sale events with top brands in women’s and men’s fashion, jewelry and accessories, beauty products, kid’s clothing and toys, and home décor.  HauteLook offers discounts of 50 to 75 percent off retail prices with new sale events every morning. Launched in 2007, HauteLook is owned and operated by Nordstrom.



I usually have several pair of flip flops for the summer.  Some a little nicer than others.  These will work nicely for a deck party on a warm summer evening.  They will not be worn to wash the car.


Can any guy have too many pairs of loafers?  Answer.  No.  Easy in, easy out.  These Joseph Abboud driving shoes will work great for casual Friday in the office or without socks at a boat party with a light cotton jacket over jeans.


Adolfo.  I have been a fan of Adolfo designs as long as I can remember.  Classic design for both men and women.  Any time you can get your hands on ANY piece of Adolfo, get it!  These came so nicely packaged.  A cloth included to bring a quick shine as you are leaving the house for your formal evening.


And, each shoe in its own separate shoe bag to protect from dust.  Do not think that just because you are buying from HauteLook that the designer pieces are any less designer.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Many times the only reason the shoes or clothing or any item is on HauteLook is because maybe it did not sell in a certain market.  Rather than leave the items sitting on the shelves or hanging on the racks collecting dust, they move them to HauteLook and reduce the price.  That way they make something on the sale and we get a good deal.  You are still receiving the same item, just at a drastically reduced price.


A beautiful pair of loafers for the office or a formal evening at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.


These especially caught my attention because of this unique blue layer added to the sole of the shoe. It is not obnoxious or in poor taste.  It is very muted, but will still get you noticed.  And don't we all want to stand out in a crowd, ... even just a little bit?


Finally, these really fun high-rise sneakers in light blue cloth.  Great for a weekend trip to the country. Very comfortable fit.  And that is what the Sanuk company is all about.


Read the tag above.  Sanuk is the Thai word for "fun".  What a wonderful and positive message in what is many times a very hate-filled world.

I mentioned last week on the post about the new Tumi wallet that we are not a fashion blog. But that does not mean we are not fashionable.  I will never purport to being a fashion icon, but sharing some of my fashion style and great finds with you is something I enjoy.

We are expecting beautiful weather here in the mid-Atlantic this weekend.  I hope it is nice where you live.  Enjoy and we will see you all again on Monday!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig