A New Sink Sprayer Attachment in the Kitchen

We are back in the kitchen today, and we will be back there again tomorrow, so this has been "Kitchen Week" at AHWJN.  We will have to have a special "Kitchen Week" when I start my show.  Today we are installing a new sprayer attachment on the kitchen sink faucet.  When I first took occupancy of the apartment, the faucet in the kitchen sink had a standard aerator.  I installed a sprayer attachment shortly after moving in.


This was the sprayer attachment I installed after moving in.  It did a very good job and I liked it particularly because it matched the stainless steel sink and the faucet.  I thought this was a very nice look.


This sprayer had two separate modes.  Regular.


And spray.  Very functional.  I was able to swivel the sprayer head around to get most areas of the sink rinsed down after working in the kitchen.  But I was looking for an aerator/sprayer with a little more pressure.


Enter the 3-Mode Water Saving Pressurized Faucet Aerator/Sprayer.  This aerator/sprayer is not nearly as appealing visually as the previous, but it offers more options of spray and the water pressure is phenomenal. 


Here it is with the setting for a normal stream of water from the kitchen faucet.


This is the middle setting and this offers an extra wide stream of water that is highly pressurized.  I imagine this will be the setting I will use most often.  It is great for everything - washing dishes or washing your hands.  It feels like your hands are in a warm waterfall on this setting.  Luxurious is how I would best describe it.  A luxurious feel.


The third setting places the stream of water somewhere between the normal stream setting and the extra wide setting and increases the pressurization.  This is perfect for rinsing dishes after dinner.  This setting will rinse the plates most thoroughly.  I expect this setting will be used most after the middle setting described above.


Make no mistake about it, this aerator/sprayer is not pretty.  I find it the least attractive of any of these I have tried, but it offers more settings than any of the others.  I also like the fact that you can change the settings by pressing the button on the front of the unit.  The settings on the previous sprayers I tried were changed by pulling up or pulling down on the unit.  I did not like that.  All of that tugging on the end of the faucet could not be good for it.  This is a much better design functionally.  Not so much aesthetically.  But, no matter.  I love it.  It is a welcome addition to the kitchen and will make clean up time at the sink a more enjoyable experience.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig