I Redid the Summer Cucumber Salad, Just Slightly

I gave you this recipe a couple years ago.  I made it again just recently and this time I used a vegetable peeler to remove the skin on the cucumbers.  I think my preference now is to have the cucumbers without the skin.


We started with two medium sized cucumbers.


This time around we brought out the vegetable peeler.


Before I knew it I had two peeled cucumbers.


I sliced them 1/4" - 1/2" thick and placed them in a large glass container.  Then I made the brine.


We started with 2/3 cups cider vinegar.


We added 2/3 cups water.


Four tablespoons sugar.


One teaspoon salt.


A quarter teaspoon of pepper ( can be black or white; your preference).


Whisk all of these ingredients together with a whisk or you can just use a dinner fork like I did.


Pour the mixture over the cucumbers in the glass container and seal the top with a tight-fitting lid or Saran wrap.


Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.  Overnight is even better.  These are wonderful to serve on a tray to guests or to have in the evening with dinner.  A simple cucumber salad for the summer months.  I think you will love this and if you tried the skin on recipe, give this recipe a try and let me know which you like better.


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig