A Blue and Silver Theme for this Christmas Season

This year for Christmas decoration I have gone with a blue and silver theme.  It all originated when I bought the garland with the blue and silver ornaments.


While I bought this garland with the intent of using it in a very different way, how it has ended up being using in the holiday season decoration has been very pleasing.


First and foremost I used it in the boxwood wreath that we talked about last week.  This turned out quite nicely and I may add even more to this.  I usually like to keep things rather clean and uncluttered, but I may revisit this wreath.  I'm just thinking it needs a little something more.


Another way I used the ornaments from the garland was to remove them and just drop them in this clear glass vase.  I have done this for many years with different colored ornaments based on the color-scheme I chose to use that year.  This is very pretty.  It is a quick and easy way to add sparkle and dazzle to any room.  I placed this on the HVAC unit in the living room but it would also look spectacular on an entry table or the powder room vanity or an a side table or dresser in a spare bedroom to add some flair for overnight guests who may be staying during the season.


This lovely tray of ornies is on the coffee table in front of the sofa.  The glass tray was a gift from the collection of a dear friends mother.  Her father had an advertising agency in New York and he and his wife entertained a great deal in their Connecticut home when my friend was a child.  This was a piece in her mother's collection of serveware that I was excited to receive.  I think the ornaments look especially nice on this glass tray.  And the beauty of this is, if I decide to serve from the coffee table, this can be moved to any surface and visually enjoyed while we partake of holiday cheer.

These posts about using the garland in a different way that was originally intended is rather like when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade.  My original plan for it did not work, but I've gotten more use out of it than originally intended and in much different ways.  Always keep thinking and stay open to the possibilities in any situation.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig