A Second Flower on the Amaryllis

I am so pleased with how the Amaryllis has done this year.  In past years I have had success, but never like this.


I shared the original beautiful bloom with you last week.  Yesterday this second flower opened.  I never get two blooms.  I will get one, but never two.  I am convinced that the secret is in the potting soil.  Use a good quality potting soil for these bulbs and throw away the dehydrated soil puck that comes with them.  And do not over-water.  I think we may even get a third bloom out of this one before the season is over.  If you look to the right of the lower right petal, there is another flower pod forming on a separate stem.  That will likely open within the next week.

I have had such good luck with these bulbs this year that I may try to store them and bring them out next year and see if we can get them to bloom again.  So much fun.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig