New Floor Mats for the Car

We cover many topics here as most of you know.  We are a home, food and garden blog, but every now and then we branch out to include car care also.  Such is the case today.

When I bought my car, it came with the requisite floor mats.  Bland.  Certainly not what I wanted.  So I bought new mats from a local auto supply store.  They were an upgrade but still not what I really wanted.  I did some searching online and I found this company called CarID.  Click here to be taken to their website.  As you will see, they offer an extensive, quality line of car parts and their prices are very reasonable making it possible for everyone to upgrade the interior or exterior of their car.  Read on to see how this upgrade improved my ride.  It's not exactly "Pimp my Ride", but it is a nice upgrade.


Here is a picture of the driver side mat upgrade I bought at the local auto supply store shortly after purchasing my car.


And the matching mat on the passenger side.  Believe me, these were an upgrade from what was originally offered from the dealership.  I liked the look of these and I liked the fact that you could trim them with an ordinary pair of household scissors to fit the car.  Most "off the rack" car mats at chain auto supply stores can be cut to fit your car these days.  There are usually several cutting points and you just follow along the dimension that fits your car.  Very easy to do.  These mats were very sturdy.  The one on the drivers side is starting to show a little wear, but that is to be expected.


My new mats have a completely different look and one that I much prefer.  They were custom cut to fit my car so no trimming with scissors was necessary.  The black contrasting trim is a nice touch. The carpet in my car is black, so the black trim gives a nice cohesive look.


I opted to have my last name initial embroidered in the center of each mat.  I debated whether or not to do this.  But in the end I decided it would be a good look.  I was worried that this might be a little pretentious.  My final decision was that if I had "John Newman is the Greatest" embroidered, that would be pretentious.  A simple "N" is not pretentious.  Very nice machine work on the embroidery. I was also concerned the embroidery would be sparse and uneven, but that was not the case.  Very beautifully done.


Also, the new mats came with these circular cut-outs.  I was unsure at first what these were for.


But once I got inside the car and looked around, I found these two plastic tabs on the floor on the driver's side close to the frame that holds the seat in place.


The holes in the mat fit perfectly over these tabs.  Once you have them in place, you turn the center post to lock them in place.


Here, the mat is securely installed and locked in place.


The driver's side mat in place.  Notice the attention to detail on the left side of the mat where they cut it to fit the layout of the floor perfectly.


The passenger side equally as elegant and a perfect fit.


Here we are, mats in place and a fresh bottle of sparkling water in the console, ready for our errand run.

These are the perfect car mats.  I am very pleased with the look and the quality.  I imagine these will last for many years.  I will be shopping at CarID again in the very near future.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig