Le Egg Tout

As the title of this post aptly states, today we are going to talk about the egg with everything.  Or at least with all it needs for a sumptuous breakfast or brunch.


We are going to start this post rather in a different chronology than our usual.  The true highlight of this delicious dish is nothing other than this delightful bruschetta, piquillo and artichoke.  The piquillo is a pepper, a variety of chili pepper but with a sweet taste and no heat.  This is the perfect accompaniment to the artichoke.  I found this at World Market.  If you have a World Market nearby, I strongly urge you to pick up several jars.  If not, search online and see if you can place an order to have it delivered.


A beautiful spread and a perfect enhancement to most any dish.  Today we are in the kitchen preparing our signature omelet.  As with most recipes I write, each time I prepare the dish, I add something or take something away until, in the end, I have perfected the dish.  I believethis dish is now in a state of complete perfection.


We start with two fresh, large eggs.  Use cage-free whenever possible.  Or if you have a local farm that offers their eggs for sale, buy from them.  I am lucky that I have a local farm from which I buy my eggs.  Lightly scramble the eggs.


Add two tablespoons of water.  Use filtered water if at all possible.  We want all impurities and/or chemicals removed from the water.  Mix the egg and water together thoroughly with a small whisk or fork.


Add a little salt.  I really like this Himalayan Pink Salt.  It is difficult for me to tell you how much salt to add because it depends on the type of salt.  This pink salt is not super salty tasting, so I turn the crank three times.  I have another container of coarse sea salt that is very salty, so I use that very sparingly.  Morton Salt, which we have all used for years, will require a different amount. For those using the "No-Salt" brand of salt, yet a different amount.  In general terms, I would say no more than one-quarter teaspoon of any of these salts until you get just the right measurement for your palate.


In your refrigerator, you will have deli sliced cheese.  Provolone, muenster, mozzarella, swiss, gruyere - whatever you like.  Have it sliced at the deli.  Do not use cheese which has been wrapped in plastic in a factory for this recipe - or ANY recipe, if possible.
.


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  We used a glass loaf pan to cook the egg.  Spray the loaf pan with butter flavored cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture.  Place the loaf pan into the oven and cook for 11 - 13 minutes.  Check at eleven minutes.  If the mixture is still in liquid form, leave it to cook for the full 13 minutes.  Remove from the oven when the egg mixture is firm, but not yet brown. Place one slice of your favorite cheese at one end of the loaf pan and, using a flexible spatula, begin rolling the cooked egg lengthwise starting at the end with the sliced cheese.  Roll all the way to the opposite end and then use the spatula to remove to a plate.


Plate your omelet.  Give the omelet and the plate a hearty sprinkling of parmesan cheese and add a healthy dollop of bruschetta.  Grab a fork and enjoy!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig