UPDATE: The Amaryllis and PaperWhites

Well, our efforts at reviving the amaryllis and paperwhites from the previous winter was a bust.  It just goes to show that even John Newman does not always get it right.


The paperwhites sent up new shoots but that was all we got.  No blooms.


The amaryllis sent up beautiful green foliage that I was certain would present us with regal flowers. They grew so tall that I gathered them together with some green ribbon which I pinned together to keep them from falling over.


The green ribbon was just the right color for the foliage.  It matched perfectly.


I placed a metal stake coated in green epoxy in the pot and tied the foliage to it using the ribbon. They looked beautiful but alas, no flowers.  I am not certain what I will do with these bulbs.  Clearly they are still alive.  I think a little more research is due to see what, if anything we can do so we will have blooms next year.


Fortunately, we received as a Christmas present from Bob & Bette, a new amaryllis pot which is almost in bloom.  So we will be able to enjoy the beautiful blooms this year in spite of  our setback with the bulbs from last year.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig