A New Beginning for the Large Glass Jar from the Mending Box

Yesterday we talked about the reorganizing of the mending box.  In that post I stated there was a large glass jar from the original mending box for which we found a new use.  It was empty and it would not fit in the new boxes so I decided to put it to good use elsewhere.


Where practical, I remove household items from their original packaging and place them in containers of my liking.  It is so much more pleasing to go to the closet and see all of your products neatly stored in simple containers and not in the original packaging from the factory from whence they were produced.  Such is the case with this bag of Tums Heartburn Relief.  I do not want to see this bag sitting on a shelf.


But in a plain glass jar with a screw on lid, they take on a whole new look.  Much more pleasant to see.


And here is the jar, tucked away in this bamboo organizer in one of the kitchen cabinets.  This organizer holds our prescriptions, vitamins, diabetic supplies for me, toothpaste, mouthwash, extra toothbrushes and floss.  We like to keep these items in the kitchen as well as the bathroom. 

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig