Tuxedo Cups set atop Snow for New Year's Eve

Last Wednesday I posted about these cute little chocolate tuxedo cups I found at Home Goods.

White and dark chocolate formed to shape these cute little cups.  I could have made them myself, but why not use these and save some time.  Especially during the busy holiday season.  If I was preparing for a small group of friends in the middle of March I might consider making them myself.  But time was of the essence and these were too cute to pass up.


I decided I wanted to fill each cup with chocolate mousse and a slice of strawberry.  Again, in the interest of saving time, I picked up several boxes of Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Mousse.  This is supremely delicious.  Actually, I did not pick it up.  Bev and Steven picked it up while I was at the office.


Not only is it supremely delicious, it is supremely easy to make.  Add one envelope of dry mousse mix to one cup milk and whip until thick; then whip 3-5 minutes.  Place inside refrigerator while you prepare the snow.


I wanted to present these cups on a snow covered tray.  I thought of many different things to use to make the snow and in the end I decided on these frosted rice snacks.  These are really delicious and I thought they would make the perfect snow.


Inside the bag there are ten smaller bags, each with two rice snacks inside.  I used all ten bags for this recipe.


I broke each rice snack into small pieces using my hands and places the pieces inside the food processor.


A few pulses later, I had a container full of snow that was the perfect consistency.


I poured the snow into this long porcelain tray.


And set about arranging my tuxedo cups atop the snow.


A little jiggling here, a little twisting there and I had them perfectly aligned and ready to take to the party.


Here, one last shot before we walked out the door.  These were absolute perfection.  I could not have been more pleased.  A spectacular presentation and for very little effort.  The thing that took the longest was macerating the strawberries in sugar which gave them a luster.  These worked perfectly for a holiday party, but they could easily be used all throughout the year.  You could fill them with pistachio pudding or a french vanilla mousse and set them on a bed of Easter grass.  Add a sprig of mint for a nice finish and you have a beautiful spring presentation.  A huge, chilled tray of these at an early spring wedding would be lovely too.  Or a fall or winter wedding.  I would not suggest serving these at a June wedding or any wedding held during the summer months.  You will end up with a wilted and melting mess.  I have learned the hard way about what should and should not be served at certain times of the year.  Many years ago I was invited to an outdoor party in July.  I wanted to take a jello dessert of some description.  It melted all over the place.  Never again.  These are tips I can share with you since I have been doing this for many years.  Oh, if only there had been At Home with John Newman when I was first beginning to entertain.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig