New Serving Pieces to add to Our Collection

On a recent errand run, I found a couple new serving pieces which I thought would be nice upgrades to my current collection.  These were small items which are nice to have on hand.  Not expensive but good have around to help finish off a tray.  Take a look.


I have a cheese knife set from Crate & Barrel which was purchased several years ago.  I have used it numerous times when entertaining.  The blades are stainless steel and the handles are in a light maple finish.  When I saw this set in black, I knew I had to have it.  Sometimes you just want to switch things up a bit.


This set was beautiful in the package, but once I saw it unwrapped, I was even more pleased with my selection.


It is in a beautiful black matte style which is stunning.  I found this at Aldi.  It was marked down as an "After Christmas" sale.  From what I can see, the quality seems to be of at least the same quality as the set from Crate & Barrel.  If I get as many years from this set as the one from Crate & Barrel, then it will be money well spent.  What an elegant and sophisticated tray I can set out with this chic cheese knife set.


The other item I found was another item that was marked down as "After Christmas" clearance.  A cute bread dipping set.


It came with a set of four plates for four different dipping seasonings which were included in the box. These plates are melamine, which I was not initially excited to find.  I expected they would be porcelain, but for such a price, I don't know why that was my expectation.  No matter.  Placed on a nice slate board and served with daiquiri's and/or margarita's on the deck on a lovely spring evening, they will work perfectly.


In the box with the plates was a dispenser of four different seasonings.  First, a Tuscany Blend.


Sicilian Blend.


Parmesan Blend.


Rosa Maria Blend.

The first time I was offered sliced baguette with a tray of bread dipping seasoning was at my friend Bev's house in Dallas, TX.  That was many years ago now.  Probably more years than either of us would like to think about.  It was so delicious and I have never forgotten that special evening.  Now, I can make the same offering when she visits and to all of my guests with this cute little set.

Checking my receipt from Aldi, I spent under $10 for both of these new serving pieces.  So never think you cannot afford to set out a stylish tray for your guests.  It can be done on any budget.

-  POST SCRIPT -

One additional thing I found on this shopping trip was this wonderful book, also from Aldi.


I am always looking for new ideas for salads.  The same thing over and over can become boring. While I have some very good recipes for dinner salads, I enjoy reading what others have come up with as well.


Such as this Rare Roast Beef Pasta Salad.  This sounds divine.


Or this Shrimp & Mango Salad.

These recipes are written by Beverly Le Blanc and published by Parragon Books Ltd.

If you have an Aldi near you, stop by one evening this week on your way home from work.  You will not be disappointed.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig