A New Moscow Mule Kit

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  I was the lucky recipient of a new Moscow Mule kit which I intend on using just as soon as we have a beautiful spring day.  Cocktails on the deck anyone?!  Take a look.


I was presented with this wooden crate from Olive & Cocoa.  You can usually be assured when you receive a crate from Olive & Cocoa, you are in for a real treat.


The first find inside the box were four bottles of J. Gasco Ginger Beer.  I have not used this brand of Ginger Beer in Moscow Mules in the past, so I am very much looking forward to giving it a try.


A Moscow Mule recipe card.


And a Cucumber Mint Mule.  I have never made one of these, so it will be something new for the cocktail hour.


This bottle of Ginger Cardamom infusion is very intriquing.  You fill the bottle with vodka and let it set for a specified period of time.  Then, when you mix your vodka and tonic (which is my favorite), you put a splash of the Ginger Cardamom infused vodka on top and give it all a stir.  Doesn't that sound wonderful?


There is also a card attached to the Ginger and Cardamom with a recipe for a "Ginga Drop", which sounds rather tasty also.  "Fill a shaker with ice.  Add the vodka, lemon juice, & sugar.  Shake for 20 seconds.  Strain into a cocktail glass."  Yum.


The last item in my crate was this really cute Mushroom Mortar & Pestle.


I really love the shape and design of this set.  In case you are wondering, the "pestle" in the part with the handle that is used for pounding and grinding.  The "mortar" is the bowl.


Here are the two parts separated.  It becomes obvious why it is called a "Mushroom" Mortar & Pestle.

So that was my Valentine's Day 2018.  Not a bad day at all.  Actually, rather enjoyable and I am now all set to host cocktails.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig