Easy and Delicious Sugar Cookies

I am going to share with you today, my recipe for sugar cookies.  It is very basic.  There are only seven ingredients.  But this really is the best sugar cookie recipe you will find anywhere.  Take a look.

Ingredients

2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1-1/2 cups white sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon McCormick vanilla butter & nut flavoring

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 375℉.  In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.  Set aside.

2.  In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until smooth.  Beat in egg and vanilla butter & nut flavoring.  Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.  Roll dough into balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3.  Bake 8 minutes, but no longer than 10 minutes in the preheated oven.  Let stand on cookie sheets two minutes before removing to wire racks.

*          *          *

Let's get started.


Here are all of our ingredients from the list above.  The true magic here is the McCormick Vanilla Butter & Nut Flavoring.  If you cannot find it locally, order it from Amazon.


Preheat the oven to 375℉.


Mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.


I just use a dinner fork to incorporate the dry ingredients.


Here is the butter, at room temperature, and the sugar.


I nearly always use a hand mixer when I am in the kitchen.  I feel that I have more control of what is being mixed and this little Krups handheld that I have is very powerful.


Add in the egg and the vanilla butter & nut flavoring.


Incorporate all these ingredients until smooth.  Look at the beautiful golden color you end up with after adding the flavoring.


Start adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in batches.  Incorporate the ingredients fully after each addition.


I add the dry ingredients in three batches.  Once everything is fully combined, it should look like it does in this picture.


For this recipe, we are going to roll the dough between the palms of our hands.  The general measure should be between a teaspoonful and tablespoonful of dough.  I did not measure it out exactly.  I just picked up what I thought was about that amount, rolled it into a ball, and placed it on the cookie sheet.  Into the oven for eight minutes and then onto a wire cooling rack.  It took eight minutes in my oven for them to bake to perfection.  And I used the regular baking cycle, not convection.


A little while later I had the cutest and most delicious sugar cookies ready to present to friends.  They are about as big around as a half-dollar, so they are the perfect size for guests.


This elongated ceramic server worked perfectly as a vessel for the cookies.  I lined it with food grade waxed paper and I was ready to serve.


I also decided to bring out a couple of these small cupcake holders.  I wanted to see how the cookies would look presented in this way.


I put down a small sheet of food grade waxed paper and then placed three cookies on each holder.


This was also a nice way to present the cookies.  You could set them at each place setting on these holders or you could set up a buffet with several of these holders filled with cookies.  Use whatever serving pieces you have.  Get creative. 


One final picture of the bottom of these cookies.  This is exactly the color they should be on the bottom.  A nice golden color.  I know you will be pleased with how they turn out.  This is a very simple recipe so I would classify this as a "beginners" recipe.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig