Griipa Hooks No Grippa

As you recall, we re-organized the shower last week.  Our new shampoo/soap/lotion organizer is still firmly in place and we are enjoying the modern look and all-in one organizing this unit offers.

During the installation of the new organizer, I told you that we would need to install a couple of new hangers since I used the hooks on the new organizer for razors.  So I started searching and I found these beautiful "Griipa" hangers.


I was very impressed with the look of these hooks.  Nice, substantial stainless steel hooks that would give a beautiful upgrade to the shower enclosure.


According to the package, these would hold up to ten pounds.  Surely I would not be hanging anything that weighed anywhere near ten pounds on these hooks.  So I felt certain that these were the perfect hooks for our shower upgrade.


The most interesting feature of these hooks was that they were held in place by friction, not suction.  We've all had suction cup holders that did not perform well.  So I thought we had made strides in a new direction and that these were the "hooks of the future."


In this picture we see the two parts that come in the package; 1) the stainless steel hook, and 2) the hook holder which is supposed to provide the friction that will hold the hook in place.


The backing is removed from the flexible friction plate and it is placed on a tiled or mirrored surface.  The hook is then attached to the friction plate by simply inserting the plastic mount on the plate into the square hole on the back of the hook and sliding the hook downward to lock in place.  Simple enough.  Sadly, these were a complete and total failure.  They do not work.  They could not possibly hold up to ten pounds because the friction plate cannot even hold the weight of the hook.  I tried repeatedly to get these to work with no success.  Finally, after several attempts, I tried using a fast drying super adhesive to hold the friction plate in place and then sliding the hook onto the base.  No luck.  These simply do not work.  They are gorgeous.  The design in fantastic.  But they do not work.  And at $11.99 per hook, that is a real disappointment.  I will continue my search for hooks for the shower that are aesthetically pleasing, but hopefully that work also.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig