Guess What Arrived Yesterday?

The new hooks from Home So.  That was fast!  So I wasted no time getting them installed.  I was interested to see if these hooks, which Home So claims are the best available, would actually work as advertised.  See what happened below.


I arrived home and there was one of those padded envelopes from Amazon on the front porch and inside was this cute little box from Home So with the new shower hooks.


Quite pretty.  I really like the look.  They are even nicer looking in person than they were on the website.


And guess what!  They included the installation instructions.  So not only did they send an email with the installation instructions which were downloadable, but they included a sheet of instructions inside the box.  This company is already on our favorite list.


They suggest wiping the rubber backing with alcohol, which I did.  They also suggest cleaning the surface to which these will be affixed with alcohol.  Since I just did that with the Griipa hooks, I did not clean the tile again with alcohol.


I just used several sheets of paper toweling that I saturated with alcohol and gave the rubber back a light "once over".  You do not have to scrub the backing.  As a matter of fact, scrubbing could actually lead to them not adhering like they should, so just lightly wipe the backing.


Instructions indicate to unscrew completely the hook on the front part of the assembly.

I did a "cantilever" installation because I liked that better.

Then, with one hand holding the base tightly in place on the tile, use the other hand to screw the hook onto the back support.  The instructions suggest tightening just until the hook will no longer turn with ease.  Over the next couple weeks, they suggest giving the hook a slight turn every couple days to make sure the seal is secure.


And finally, here they are.  I installed them last night and they were still in place this morning.  I will leave them to set for at least a couple more days before I hang anything on them.  I think we've got it this time around.  Let's hope.  We will follow up with this project next week.

Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig