A Little More Time in the Garden

Last weekend was most enjoyable in the mid-Atlantic.  Warm temperatures and very low humidity. Washington and environs in the late spring and summer are positively unbearable with humidity.  So, we do our planting early in the spring before the humidity arrives.  I enjoy early mornings on the deck before the sun is above the trees.  That can be quite enjoyable.  And in the evenings, once the sun is low in the sky and after it sets is another good time.  We have torches on the deck which are filled with citronella oil.



The citronella oil is fragrant and it keeps the mosquitoes away, which is another problem we deal with during the warm months.


In our continuing efforts to get spring and summer flowers planted, I brought this pot from Crest Avenue.  I have had it for several years.  It is the perfect size to add a little pop of color here or there in a grouping or in a corner.


I purchased  a flat of pink begonias.  I knew they would work perfectly in this container. This is a twelve inch diameter pot.


Note the growing instructions say "morning sunlight only."  These will indeed receive morning sunlight only.


And finally, in the pot, watered and ready to flourish.  I really love begonias of any color.  The waxy leaves are a beautiful compliment to the delicate flowers.

Try begonias in your garden.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig