One Final Wedding Post

There was one final touch we made to the placards on the tray which held the favor boxes.  You will recall the Just Married placards which we placed on top of the tray.  One final issue was that there were holes in the corner of both placards.  They came with a length of ribbon that could be threaded through the holes and then the placards hung in a special place somewhere at the reception.  We did not use them like that.  So we had to come up with something to take care of this problem.  I think we did a good job. Read on to see what we did.


You see here the hole in the corner.


And on the other end.


I knew what I wanted, and I needed it fast because we were running out of time.  On Friday afternoon on my mad dash to get last minute things done, I ran into Michael's to look for stickers of some description to put over the holes.  Of course, when you get to the sticker department you are completely overwhelmed.  There are partitions and partitions and partitions of stickers of every possible configuration you could imagine.  I'm standing there looking at all these stickers saying, "no, that won't do", "no, that won't do."  Finally I find an area with just plan, dot stickers.  Enamel Dots as the package says.  That's all I needed.  And I only needed one pack.  So I grabbed them, made my way to the register, paid, and left.  On to the next stop.


When I finally got home, one of the first things I did was to see if my idea would work.  And it did.


I covered the holes, front and back, with four of the large enamel dots in a matching color scheme. Attention to details.  It's all in the details.  When you are working on a project you must take care of each detail.  Otherwise, no matter how beautiful it is, it will be unfinished.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig