Jewelry in Candles

I have a Facebook friend who recently sent out an announcement to her friends that she was having an online candle party.  I like candles, so I read on to see what she was offering.  As it turns out, she was not just selling candles.  She was selling Jewelry in Candles, which was WAY better than just selling candles.  I loved the concept, so I had to place an order. See below for more information.



First things first.  You can visit their website at www.jewelryincandles.com.  There you can download their catalog and browse the many different candles they offer and the different varieties of candles.  They have tarts as well as candles, but you will see all of that when you visit the website. And they have e-gift cards.  They really have thought this out thoroughly.


After reading my friend Carol's page what I understood was that the premise of the company is just as the name states.  You buy a candle and somewhere inside the candle is a piece of jewelry.  As you burn the candle, eventually, it will be revealed.  Sort of like when you were a child and the box of cereal came with a prize.  As you ate the cereal, the prize, which was invariably lodged at the bottom of the box, would eventually spill out into your morning bowl of cereal much to your delight.  Same concept here except you have the chance of receiving a piece of jewelry that may be worth a substantial amount of money.  Not all the jewelry is on par with the Crown Jewels of England.  But every now and then, a bauble is randomly placed that will give the purchaser a nice return on their investment.  How much fun is that?  It is sort of a gamble.  We could all use some fun these days. And hey, ... wouldn't it be a hoot to get a great piece of jewelry and wear it to an event and have someone ask where you got it and you can say, "From a candle."  I would LOVE that.  "John, where did you get that beautiful ring?"  "From a candle." And then walk away.

I placed an order for the Kentucky Bluegrass candle and promptly forgot about it since all energies at the time were focused on preparing for the wedding.  When the UPS guy showed up with the box I could not remember what I had ordered.  As soon as I opened the box I was happy to see that my candle had arrived.  And it arrived very quickly.  The scent of this candle is exquisite.  As wonderful as any candle I can remember.  So I was very happy with that.  The candles are all soy, so they burn clean.  


This candle found a spot in the kitchen on the counter.  Actually, I believe it would work in any room.  Some candle scents only work in the kitchen or the bathroom but you would not put them in a bedroom or on the mantel.  This Kentucky Bluegrass scent is suitable throughout the house.  I like that.


So, we are burning away, waiting and anxiously anticipating the jewelry reveal.  When I was a child I was made to wait for the prize from the bottom of the cereal box.  As an adult I will patiently await my jewelry to appear.  Be sure and visit us frequently so you don't miss the post where we reveal my new diamond encrusted ring!!


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig