One Final Post before the Big Day

We are running around like crazy today, putting all the final touches on everything to take to the wedding.  There are also issues to deal with concerning outfits.  I ordered a new pair of Kenneth Cole sunglasses to match my outfit and they have been tied up with the USPS since the 13th.  For reasons unknown, they still have not been delivered although their website says they have been "Out For Delivery" for two days.  Ugh!!!

I wanted to do a quick post today and let you see how the boxes turned out.  Of course we will be posting pictures next week, but here is a sneak preview of what is to come.


Each box was first filled with crinkle-cut.  White in the black boxes and black in the white boxes.


Then we put 5 Jordan almonds in an organza bag and placed that atop the crinkle-cut.  Three white and two black in each black box and three black and two white in each white box.


Then, the memento card with their names and the date of the wedding.

 

After all the boxes were filled and closed, it was time to start the placement.  We began on the round silver tray.


And then another layer.


And another and another until we built a pyramid.


The round silver tray could not accommodate 150 boxes, as I suspected would be the case.  So I put my silver leaf tray from BFF Bev (a.k.a. Memrie) to use.


We will have two trays of boxes to set out for the guests.  I think this is a beautiful presentation.  I would not change a thing.


Finally, I thought this tent table card was just perfect to set beside the trays to remind everyone to take a memento with them as they leave the reception.  I really love this font.  I think it works perfectly here.


Moving now to the "Just Married" placards which we discussed yesterday.  Here they are in place on the round silver tray.  This is the back with the black glitter card stock in place.


And the front.  I tied a big double bow with white tuile.  I don't think we need anything more.  Too fussy is too fussy.  I little of this goes a long way.

That's all for today.  My afternoon and evening will be a blur with errands and such.  Have a great weekend and check back next week for pictures of the wedding and party.



No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig