Pretty in the Garden

A few final shots of our work in the garden last weekend.  These were the end of the day projects. After the deck planting was done and the Earth Boxes planted, we had two flats of pansies which needed to be put in pots.


I was at our local Walmart early on Saturday morning.  While there, I wandered out to the garden shop.  They had an enormous selection of plants from which to choose.  I loved these maroon/purple/pinkish/white summer pansies.


And these stunning blue/violet/purple/periwinkle summer pansies.  I knew immediately that if I bought nothing else, I had to have one flat of each color.  There were eight individual pots in each flat.

This pot on the cocktail table on the small front patio looks just beautiful with pansies in place.  They were a little droopy in this photo, but they have already started to take root and stand up. They will fill in nicely over the spring and summer months.


I found this cute little frog and decided he needed a good home.


So I placed him in the pansy pot on the large cocktail table.  Really cute.  Little touches here and there can help bring interest to your garden.  Don't be afraid to experiment.  There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to decorating with plants.  Whatever pleases your eye is what is appropriate. The only rules to follow are the watering directions and sunlight or shade requirements which usually come with the plant on small plastic tabs inserted in the pots.  Those are recommendations from the growers and you should follow them as closely as possible.


Finally, these beautiful blue pansies found their way to a stately urn on the wall which divides our property from the neighbor.  They will get the afternoon sun.  All they will need is to be watered regularly and we should enjoy them for quite some time.

So, we are done with our planting for the season.  Now we sit back and enjoy the beauty and, hopefully, the bounty of the garden.


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig