Last Minute Wedding Prep

We are now two days away from the nuptials.  I'm sure the happy couple are both excited and apprehensive.  On our end, we are putting the final touches on the favor box presentation.  The organza bags will arrive today so we can fill the rest of the boxes tonight, close them up, and get them set on the tray in a trial run to see how they will fit.  The tray we are using is round with three supports which meet at a mid-point over the tray.  I found these great placards at Michael's over the weekend that say "Just Married."  I thought they would be perfect on top of the tray.


I really liked these when I saw them and I knew they would work perfectly for our favor box presentation.


The backside of the placards will not do.  I am not sure yet where the tray will be placed.  If on an entry table, then this side would be to the wall and nobody would see it.  But if we are placing the tray on the dining table or another table centrally located in the room, this will not do.


So, I went through my stash of goods and found the perfect solution.  This beautiful patterned piece of very heavy black glitter card stock.  I do not know the weight of this but it is very heavy.  Much heavier than card stock you would find in an office supply store.  It is called Glitter Card stock, for obvious reasons.  The manufacturer is Recollections.  I bought it at Michael's.  They have everything at Michael's.


I measured the area inside of the dotted border on the back of the placard and then marked the back of the card stock.


I needed two pieces, 5-1/2" by 6".


I did a dry run to make sure each fit in the space.  They did.


Next, double-sided tape.  I find that I have many more uses for double-sided tape than I would ever have suspected.  I think it is a good idea to keep a roll or two of this in the supply bins at all times.


I simply went around the outside of each cutout with the double-sided tape and then carefully placed the card stock on the back of each placard.  Once I was satisfied with the placement, I pressed down firmly along the edges to adhere them in place.

Quite honestly, I prefer the backs of the placards covered in this black glitter card stock.  "The Bride" and "The Groom" didn't work for me and wouldn't even if this was a traditional wedding.

We will be assembling the entire presentation over the next two days and will share pictures of the final arrangement once we are done.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig