Continuing with Our Refrigerator Organization, ...

I found this wonderful butter keeper online from a company called Sweese.  (http://sweese.com/about/.)  I just love this company and their products.  I ordered my butter keeper through Amazon because, ... well, ... that's where we order everything these days.


It showed up very quickly, which is the case with nearly every order from Amazon.


It arrived very well packed, so there were no issues with a broken or cracked or chipped butter keeper.


Now this is a butter keeper.  Wonderful porcelain tub with a wooden top to help keep the butter fresh and to keep it from absorbing odors from other refrigerated foods.


The porcelain tub is generously sized.  You could easily store standard sized sticks of butter in here.  Those sticks of butter generally come in packs of two or four.  You could store all four sticks.  That was a big consideration for me.  I would not like to only be able to store part of a 4-pack of butter and to have one lone stick making its way around inside the refrigerator.


This is the butter tray inside my refrigerator.  I measured first to make sure the butter keeper would fit inside and it does.  Perfectly.


You see here that it fits in nicely with a little extra room on either side.  The butter tray door inside the refrigerator clears this all the way around.  You don't want it so tight inside this area that the door won't move smoothly.


Here you see the door closes all the way with the butter keeper inside.


The more I thought about it the more I decided that I did not want to use this to store sticks of butter, but rather a place to keep a specialty butter.  I keep salted and unsalted sticks of butter in the refrigerator at all times.  Sometimes a recipe needs salted butter.  Sometimes it needs unsalted.  I keep those sticks, wrapped in the original wrapping, in clear glass containers with sealing lids in another part of the refrigerator.  I wanted this keeper to store butter that I could use on a daily basis.  Something special.  I found this wonderful Amish Country Roll Butter.  I knew immediately this was exactly what I wanted.


Unwrapped and a beautiful golden color.  This butter is exquisite and very much worth the price.


I left the roll of butter to sit at room temperature and then, using a large knife and serving spoon, I removed as much as much as possible from the wrapper into the porcelain tub.  I did not fill it all the way to the top.  There is a small lip on the underside of the wooden top that fits down inside the tub, so I left room for that.  Into the refrigerator and now I have a most delicious butter at hand 24/7 for toast or to add to a sauce pan for bernaise sauce or to melt for a lovely popcorn topping.

I provided a link to Sweese Company at the top of this post.  Given their site a visit.  I'm sure you will find something that you cannot live without.  Maybe a new butter keeper is in your future.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig