The Ladies

Some few months ago, I was reading one of my favorite blogs, The New York Social Diary.  (Click here to be taken to the blog).  With few exceptions, this is the blog I read most often.  Every day, in fact.  David Patrick Columbia, the blog owner, is a fabulous writer.  He has lived a charmed life and is full of stories which he is all too happy to share, each one more interesting than the previous.  His style of writing draws you in and you want to know the ending.  And so with his daily musings.  I never miss this daily blog.  In addition to David's daily, there is a column on the blog by none other than the inimitable Liz Smith.  I have become somewhat friendly with Liz over the years and while we certainly do not talk everyday, I am given to sending her short notes from time to time on various of her columns.  Such was the case earlier in 2015 when she posted the picture below in one her daily blog posts.  I could not help myself.  I had to contact her.

L-R: Raquel Welch, Kathleen Turner, Helen Gurley-Brown, Editor-in-Chief, US Cosmopolitan Magazine,
Liz, Barbara Walters.
She was kind enough to respond and through some coordination between the two of us I was able to get this print enlarged and eventually framed.  We hung it over the fireplace in our living room.  It is always a topic of conversation.  Most of our guests know the ladies, but ask how or where we got the print.  So, I give them the story.

Icons.  Each of these women is an icon in their own right. Unfortunately, the world lost Helen Gurley-Brown in August 2012 after a brief hospitalization.  The cause was not disclosed.  We look forward to following the lives of the remaining four ladies, as much as they will allow.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig