Time to Prepare the Car for Winter

And new wiper blades are part of that process.  I heard on the news yesterday that Colorado received some significant snowfall.  (Click here to watch video).  Schools in Minnesota were closed due to extreme cold temperatures.  Something like 54 degrees below.  When Minnesota schools start closing, you know winter is here.  Thank goodness I thought ahead to change my windshield wipers before all this cold, snowy, icy weather arrives here.  You can do it yourself and save a little money. Here is how it went for me.


The wipers on the front windshield were replaced in the spring, but the rear wiper was not.  I had a little trouble finding the rear wiper for my car, but eventually I found it and was able to get the old one off and the new one installed.


The first thing to do is to lift up the flap which covers the wiper arm where it enters the rear of the car.


Then, to remove the existing wiper, you will need to use your ignition key to apply pressure to the spring loaded tab in the center of the wiper that holds it snug on the wiper arm


Once you have completed that, the old wiper blade removes with ease.


The new blade simply snaps in place.


And you are ready to go.  I highly recommend the Rain-X brand of wipers.  They do a far superior job of keeping your windshield clean when driving in bad weather.  You may see or you may have someone recommend "winter" wiper blades.  Forget it.  I tried them and it's not worth the extra money.  They are still just wiper blades.  If you get a set of Rain-X brand blades, you will be set for the winter.  Even in Minnesota!!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig