A Sad Day at "At Home with John Newman"

I discovered last night on the News App on my iPhone that Betsy Bloomingdale passed away on Tuesday night.  She was 93, give or take a year or two.

Betsy at her Holmby Hills estate, 1972
She was a style icon and the wife of the late Alfred Bloomingdale who died in 1982.  It was Alfred's grandfather, Lyman Bloomingdale, who started Bloomingdale's department store in 1872.  Betsy was fondly referred to by her closest inner circle of friends as "Good Queen Betts" for her generous philanthropy.  She is survived by her children, Geoffrey, Lisa Bell and Robert.

We will miss following news coverage of Betsy.  She was a favorite of ours.  Another of the grande dames gone.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig