Our First REAL Tomato Harvest

A quick post today because we are busy preparing for the visit from the aborist this week to discuss the poor condition of one of the sweet gum trees in the back yard at Crest Avenue.  I am prepared for his suggestion that the tree needs to be removed, but I will keep positive thoughts until our meeting.

In the meantime, we had our first REAL harvest of tomatoes this past weekend.


I gathered these perfectly ripened black pearl cherry tomatoes from the vines and enjoyed several others right from the vines.  Tomatoes are wonderful picked from the vine and eaten right there.  Take a little shaker of salt and a paring knife with you to the garden.  Or enjoy them without salt.  These are really delicious. They are sweet so I like them with a little sprinkle of salt.  The sweetness of the tomato with the salt is extraordinary.  It will take about 60 days from the time you plant until your first harvest, but so worth the wait.  We have many more of these already formed on the vines, waiting to ripen.  Plus there are several large tomatoes that should be ripe this week.  I'm so glad we decided to plant tomatoes again this year in spite of our very poor performance with them last year.  I hope your garden is doing well.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig