Quick "Lunch Time" Macaroni Salad Recipe

I recently made macaroni salad to have as a side dish for lunch.  I wanted to make it quick and easy and I think this is about as quick and easy as it gets.  Take a look.


Above, in a glass bowl, we have one cup mayonnaise, two tablespoons apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon Dijonnaise mustard, one teaspoon sugar, one teaspoon salt and one-quarter teaspoon finely ground white pepper.  That is the standard base for any style macaroni salad I make.


Incorporate all of these ingredients until smooth.  I used a regular dinner fork.  You could use a wire whisk.  Most times I use a wire whisk but this time I used a fork and it worked just as well.


I prepared two cucumbers and two medium sized tomatoes for my lunch salad.  It turned out that I only needed one cucumber and one tomato.  So I sliced the extra cucumber and the extra tomato into cubes and had them in a bowl with a little Thousand Island dressing and a sprinkle of salt.  For this recipe you really only need one medium cucumber and one medium tomato.


I used rotini rather than elbow macaroni this time.  Eight ounces, boiled for about ten to eleven minutes and then drained and rinsed with cold water.  Leave it in the colander to drain completely. You can shake the colander to make sure you get as much water off the pasta as possible.


I added one medium coarsely chopped cucumber.  You will notice that I used regular, seeded cucumbers.  They are perfect for macaroni salad.


And one medium coarsely chopped tomato.  I just added all of this to the colander.


Then, I poured the rotini and vegetables into the glass bowl with the dressing and gave it a good stir to fully incorporate the dressing.  Positively delicious and so easy to make.  You will never get tired of this.  When making macaroni salad for company, I generally add a few more items.  Those include a quarter cup chopped onion or a cup of bell pepper or sliced celery.  But this time I wanted to keep it quick and easy and making a three ingredient salad worked perfectly.  I hope you and your family will enjoy this scaled-down version of an all American favorite.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig