Food Organization in the Fridge and a little Recipe Page Talk

We made good progress on the recipe page yesterday.  Many of the recipes now have beautiful pictures at the top to show you exactly how your finished product will look.  I actually printed the pages with the pictures and they look really wonderful.  When you have a chance, check out the new recipe pages and print one or two and let me know what you think.

In today's post I am  going to share with you some new salad kits I found and some food organization tips.


First up, these Chopped Salad Kits from Dole.  I do not recall seeing these until a recent errand run.  I tried all four and I have only positive remarks on all four.  The Sunflower Crunch comes with this weirdly odd onion dressing, which at first I was not certain I would like.  But I tried it anyway and it was very good.  Sort of sweet which was a nice accompaniment to the other ingredients.  I would buy any of these again.


I am a big fan of bean sprouts.  My favorite are alfalfa sprouts.  But, in a pinch, I can do Mung Bean sprouts.  And so I did recently.  I add them to salads and sandwiches.  They are quite delicious.  I have also tried sliced pimiento stuffed olives on sandwiches recently and that is quite a good combination.  We will talk more about that next week.


Yes, I am still buying tomatoes.  But not for much longer.  I think we will be harvesting directly from the garden this weekend.  These little yellow tomatoes are superb.  They are rather sweet and I like that.  Great for snacking and in salads.  Not on sandwiches.  They are too small.  Who wants to slice enough of these for a sandwich.  You want a nice big heirloom tomato for your sandwich.


Tomatoes, bean sprouts and a head of iceberg lettuce in containers and ready to be placed in the refrigerator and used for lunches during the week.  The lettuce - I generally leave the outermost leaves on the head of lettuce as it comes from the store.  When it is time to use the lettuce, the outside leaf is removed.  It is usually wilted and bruised and not good.  It is not enjoyable to eat or look at. You may even remove the second leaf depending on the age of the head of lettuce.  You will know when you have removed enough when you see fresh, vibrant, sturdy leaves.


Everything in the refrigerator and ready for the weekly meal planning.  On the left, bean sprouts on the bottom, tomatoes on top.  On the right, sliced and cubed honeydew, grapes on top.  In front and center, fresh iceberg lettuce.  An organized refrigerator drawer means a much more relaxed morning when preparing lunches.  I have to do this every week or the morning routine is too chaotic. Something here and something there and a bag of this over here and a bowl of that over there.  Ugh!!! I would have a meltdown.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig