Blue-Star Trailing Vinca

We placed an order today for 50 Blue-Star Trailing Vinca plants.  These will go in the front yard around the new holly/pyracantha garden.

Blue-Star Trailing Vinca in bloom.
I love vinca vine.  In the spring, they set blooms in the most beautiful blue color you have ever seen. After the blooms are spent, you have the wonderful glossy green leafy foliage that makes an excellent ground cover.  Vinca is fairly easy to work with.  It is not fussy about soil conditions.  It will grow in most any soil.  It does well in shade and in sun.  Very hardy plant that, once established, will bring you years of enjoyment.


A beautiful carpet of vinca in spring bloom.  I am a big fan of ground covering plants of most any description.  They come in an array of leaf shapes and colors.  Not only do they add beauty to the landscape, but less time is spent pushing or riding a lawnmower in the spring and summer.  That means more time can be spent planning wonderful evening soirees with friends and family.

I ordered my vinca from Burgess Seed and Plant Co.  Check out their website here.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig