A Look at our Diseased Tree

As I mentioned earlier in the week, we have an Arborist coming tomorrow to take a look at one of the Sweet Gum trees in the back yard which is in pretty bad shape.  This is a strange situation.  I thought I would share a few pictures with you before our meeting tomorrow.


Above, a picture of the tree canopy which is quite green and lush.  To look at the tree from most any angle you would not suspect there is anything wrong.


There are a few dead limbs as you can see in this shot, but that is to be expected on any tree of age. So I did not have any reason to think there was anything wrong.  My initial thought was that I would call Adirondack (that's the company I use for all things tree related) and have them come out at some point and trim off the dead limbs.  I would have them walk the property and trim dead limbs from all the trees.

But that was not to be.


It was several weeks ago now that I was cleaning up in the back yard.  There was a beautiful vine of some description that had wrapped itself around the base of these two trees.  I decided it might be a good idea, at least for aesthetics, to trim this vine.  So I reached in and pulled it back to discover this. Needless to say, I was shocked!  The damage looked pretty extensive.  I wasted no time contacting Adirondack and setting up an appointment for them to come out at their earliest convenience. 


As I moved around the tree it became painfully obvious that the damage was not relegated to just the bottom of the tree but was, in fact, making its way up the trunk.  I'm certain that the recommendation I get tomorrow will be to have the tree removed as soon as possible.  Which will be exactly what we do.  Stay tuned for more on this project.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig