A Candle for the Loo

I wanted a candle in the bathroom in the apartment.  As we have discussed before, the bathtub and commode is located in a separate room from the vanity, which I like very much.  It is a small space and rather drab on its own, so I thought a little glam was in order.


I found this lovely beaded wood & glass sconce that works perfectly.  The candle holder affixes to the solid frame with the included hardware.  You simply attach it and then place the candle of your choice inside.  When lit, the mirrored base catches the flame from the candle and it is quite beautiful.


I'm not sure who Howard Elliott is, but I am glad he has a collection because I really like this piece.


Here you see the packet with the wrench that is used to secure the holder in place.  Underneath, still in the styrofoam packing is the glass globe that protects the candle.


There are two hooks on the back of the sconce that are installed at the factory.  I found these most excellent picture hangers at Ace Hardware.  They give a very sturdy installation and they are super easy to install.  The nails are of a high quality so they do not bend as you are trying to drive them into the wallboard.


I measured and marked the wall so that the sconce was centered over the commode, not centered on the wall space between the shower tiles and the end of the wall.


Measurements done and hangers installed, it was time to hang the sconce.


This wonderful Elizabeth Arden candle in Ocean Retreat was just the right choice.  A very nice look for not a great deal of money.  If you are interested in one of these sconces for your home, visit www.wayfair.com










No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig