The Amaryllis Just Won't Stop

I thought the Amaryllis was done, but I was wrong.  This is the healthiest Amaryllis I think I have ever planted.


The paperwhites were very robust this year also, but they were clearly done.  We cut back the foliage and removed those from the soil.  I have tried several different ways to save paperwhites to plant again the following year.  Nothing ever seems to work.  This year I have decided to store them in a mesh bag which I will hang in one of the closets.  Good air circulation will prevent the bulb from rotting and I will plant them again next year and see what happens.  You can go online and find all kinds of blogs and gardening websites that give advice on how to "over-winter" paperwhites.  Some of the recommendations are quite involved and quite honestly, I would never go to all the trouble to even begin to follow all the steps included.  So we are going to try a simpler route and see what happens.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig