Hyacinth in Bloom

We have hyacinth in full bloom!


I was shocked that they bloomed so quickly.  You will recall that it was only on January 16 - a mere week ago - that I posted the two pictures below.








At that time, we had two very small flower heads peeking through.  I thought for certain it would take at least a couple weeks before we would see anything really develop.  I was wrong.


I decided not to disturb the bulbs and left them in their original pots.  They seem to be very happy in those pots, so why disturb their happiness.  I did, however, pick up these two clay pots and matching saucers.  I really like these clay pots because the sides are straight.  Traditional clay pots have about a one inch exterior rim on top.  I like the clean lines on these pots.


I left the brown, waxed paper wrap on the original pots.  I think this lends a very smart look.  I rather like the waxed paper surrounding the base of the flowers, and it is a nice contrast to the color of the pots.

We are weeks away from spring which will arrive on Thursday, March 19 this year.  I'm afraid these blooms will have long ago faded by that date, but we will enjoy them during our winter season for as long as they choose to stay.  It is nice to have a bit of spring to lift everyone's spirits and the aroma from them is heavenly.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig