Some of Our New Year's Eve Celebration

We celebrated this year at home with our friend Lea.  We had a lovely evening, but then we always have a lovely evening when Lea visits.  I'll share a few photos of our delectables.


First up is this cute little shrimp cocktail ring.  I used a cut glass bowl with straight sides for this presentation.  We bought the shrimp already cooked and ready to serve.  I removed the shrimp from the original packaging and placed them along the edge of the glass bowl.  Then I gathered a few ice cubes at the time and placed them into a small food processor and shaved them until just the right consistency.  I filled the bowl with the shaved ice and added a festive lemon wedge on top.  This could not be easier to put together and it makes a beautiful presentation.  I made the cocktail sauce.  I just cannot abide mass prepared and bottled cocktail sauce.  I did not take a picture of it but you can find the recipe here.  I posted this recipe back in 2016.  It was delicious then and it is still delicious.


Lea put together this absolutely beautiful plate after she arrived.  I could not have done better myself.  The cranberry cheese in the center of the plate was divine.  I kept a wedge of it so I could enjoy it the next day.  A word - it is better after it has reached room temperature, which I find to be the case with most cheeses.  A slice of this delightful cheese with a berry or cube of pineapple and you have created a taste sensation.  Sociables and Original Triscuit crackers were available as an accompaniment.


We served Veuve Clicquot this year for the new year toast.  We were three this year for our quiet evening, so a small bottle worked perfectly.  I used the champagne coupes and everybody had at least two glasses of bubbly.  I never want to sound like a snob, but I have to admit this is the best champagne.  It is expensive, but it is positively the best champagne.  This small bottle was $32.00 to give you a price reference.  Serve it as cold as possible.  I put this bottle on ice several hours before we had the toast and it was perfectly chilled.  Cold, cold, cold.  I cannot drink warm champagne, no matter the vintner.


Finally a picture of our darling Baxter in the arms of Lea.  It wouldn't be a party without Baxter and he was right there, loving all the attention.  Our adorable boy.  I'd say it's time for a haircut for him.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig