My Birthday Celebration, Part I

While the actual date of my birthday was last Wednesday, we celebrated with friends on Saturday evening.  Weeknight celebrations don't work for us.  We had a small and lively crowd and it was fun beyond all description.  I hope you enjoy these pictures.

Daddy, ... is is party time yet?
Baxter on the excursion to pick up the trays of food from Wegman's.

This event was catered by Wegman's.  They did a very good job.  Preparing food in large quantity and sometimes under tight deadlines can be a daunting task.  I was impressed with their presentation and the quality.


First up, this beautiful shrimp plate with cocktail sauce.  A favorite of mine, and a favorite of most. They supplied nice size shrimp.  And the cocktail sauce was delicious.


I removed the cocktail sauce from the plastic container and put it in this large ramekin.  A much prettier presentation for our guests.


A much better look than the plastic container supplied from Wegman's.  Of course, they must send it home with you in a lidded plastic container.  Just oomph it up a little so that it looks pretty when you start setting your buffet table.


I placed the plastic lid from the container on top of the ramekin to hold in the cool until everyone arrived.  It did not fit snuggly, but it helped.


Next up, I put out this wonderful Mirabo cheese I picked up at Dean & Deluca.  This was really spectacular.

Champignon Mariso Walnut Cheese
I am giving you the full name of this cheese in case you want to search for it in your local market. Believe me, it is well worth the search.

The appetizing appearance of Champignon® Mirabo® with Walnut cheese looks as delicious as it tastes. It is a showy, sophisticated soft ripened cheese with an unmatched mellow, nutty flavor. Finely crushed walnuts are added to the silky, buttery base, resulting in a marvelous combination of flavors. This Bavarian specialty offers a splendid opportunity to add pizzazz to any cheese platter, leaving your guests craving more!

TYPE OF MILK: Cow | REGION OF ORIGIN: Germany
We served this with crusty bread (baguette).  You could also use it on sandwiches or melted over pasta, pizza or hot vegetable dishes.


We set up drinks in the kitchen.  This large galvanized tub works splendidly for any event.  It's perfect in the summer sitting on the deck filled with ales.  Or it works inside for a moral formal affair. At this point, I had arranged several bottles of wine and sparkling water for those who wanted a glass of water.  Sometimes a glass of water between drinks helps to cleanse the palate and refresh.


Here, the ice had been added and guests were arriving with assorted bottles.  Notice the little acrylic bottle stoppers?  We found these at HomeGoods several months ago.  I wrote about them the day we got them.  I opened three bottles of wine before the first guest arrived.  It's nice to have a few bottles open and ready to pour before anyone arrives.  Open the bottle, let it breathe a little, then add your fanciful bottle stoppers to add whimsy to the party.


Around the corner, I was in charge of slicing lemons.  And slicing lemons for what, you might ask?


For vodka and tonic cocktails, of course.  So incredibly refreshing.

So today you get Part I of the event.  Tomorrow we will finish up with the remaining pictures.  You are sure to get a laugh out of tomorrow's pictures.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig