Another Birthday

Baxter woke me up at 4:46 this morning, which is not unusual this week.  We turned the clocks back on Saturday night and his system is still on daylight saving time, so he thinks it is 5:46.  There is no need to try and reason with him, so I just got up and turned off the alarm and took him down to use the bathroom and have his breakfast.  When I turned the light on in the kitchen, I noticed the birthday fairy had visited overnight.


There was this beautifully wrapped package and a card.


And a vase of tulips, my favorite.


And after opening the smaller package, a much larger one appeared.


The smaller package contained this wonderful book, Ronald Reagan Rendezvous with Destiny signed by Callista and Newt Gingrich.


In the larger box, this beautiful glass cake plate.


I really love this and I can see a wonderful and delicious freshly made coffee cake sitting atop it on Thanksgiving morn in anticipation of family arrival.  A nice pot of freshly brewed coffee and a slice of delicious coffee cake.  What a wonderful way to start the day.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig