Fresh Fruit is Our Friend

I keep fresh fruit in the refrigerator at all times.  It is an easy go to if you are craving something sweet.  That's not to say I don't also keep a little dark chocolate around the house too.  But I certainly cannot eat chocolate every time I want something sweet, so fruit is a good alternative.  Of course, buying whole cantaloupe and honeydew and watermelon and pineapple and the like is just not an option.  We simply do not have room to store these in their natural state.  So I opt for the prepared fruit containers which are available in most large grocery stores.


The large container on the left, Melon Medley, came from Safeway.  The smaller on the right, from Giant.  I visited both stores this past weekend.  We ate a good deal of the Melon Medley, so I picked up the small container from Giant.


The two combined, we were ready for the week.  And you will notice the label has been removed. Remove the label.  What an eyesore.  It is a little more expensive to buy it this way, but for me, it is worth the added price because I get a variety of fruit that I would not be able to have if I tried to buy it whole and cut it on my own.  So don't feel guilty if you buy fruit pre-cut in the store.  Nobody will think less of you.  The important thing is to get more fruits and veggies into your diet and if this helps, then it is a good thing.  Save the dark chocolate for a special treat every now and then.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig